Thursday, April 23, 2009

Please...that sun is too bright!

Yes folks...with spring finally here we are finding that the days are getting longer and in the mornings the sun comes up earlier and earlier. Now...I don't know about anyone else but I am a light sleeper. I can't have it noisy nor can I have light. I refuse to have those eyecovers because I don't want to have to keep lifting it up to peek at the time. My dh sleeps on the couch mostly because he snores and I can't get a wink of sleep because he is so loud. So not only did I need something for the bedroom but for the windows in the living/dining room.
So...first thing is first. I need to find something for the living/dining room. The local fabric store had a going out of business sale. I found lovely crushed velvet curtains in a burgandy colour. Regular price for one panel was $75.00 but was on sale for only $25.00. I couldn't pass it up. So I took them all. (there was 5 panels left) Now four of them were the same colour. One wasn't. It was more of a purple colour so I though that it would be long enough that I could cut it in two and after some hemming I'd have curtains for my own room.
They work great for keeping the light out and look great. Though because the one in my bedroom was cut short, I don't think it looks as good as I had hoped. So for now...I will keep them because they keep the drafts and the light out well. Perhaps one day I can find a good deal like that again but this time I'll keep them long.

No comments:

Post a Comment