Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Grandmother

I guess it will be a matter of time...I mean...she is about 89 yrs. old. She had lived through so much in her life. Right now she is staying with one of her daughter's family as her health was slowly declining purely due to age.
Today I received news that my grandmother had fallen and broken her pelvis. Though not only does she have to deal with that but druing a routine x-ray to her torso, they found a mass in her lung about 5.5 cm. in diameter. A ct scan confirmed it. She has lung cancer. I guess it seemed to bother me more than I thought. After I heard the news I was in a foul mood. Angry and snapping at people till I finally broke own. I didn't cry long...only a few minutes or so before it passed. I just hope she doesn't suffer too much. All I can do is offer up my prayers for her and wait till I hear the news that she has passed on.
Despite the fact I was never fond of her as a child who didn't seem to care or treat me very well, she is the only grandparent I have left.

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry to hear this. i'll definitely be sending out some prayers that way.

    we never know sometimes why people are foul towards us, but it usually has nothing to do with us at all. it's something within themselves. i'm glad to see that you are letting that go.

    hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun. I appreciate the prayers.

    ReplyDelete