Friday, February 12, 2010

Anti-Valentine's Day

I was never crazy about this day...for as far back as I can remember I never did. Why should we have one day to tell someone how much we care about them? How they are such an important part of our lives? It's something that should be told throughout the year. I remember people would always make a big deal about it and it can be especially hard on teenagers I think, having their hopes up but only to be disappointed about how the day turned out.
I don't have to worry about celebrating it this year since Vic and I split so I'll just continue to lavish love and attention on my 3 kids that day. :D But I think I'll have my own little Anti-Valentines Day with a broken purple heart shaped cake...some black candles...hey...maybe a party theme with that. :D I think it would be a fun way to "spit in the face" of lovey dovey couples, big business, and even the idea that we need to be in a relationship to be happy. It is about having fun being independant, confident and single. Hmm...I don't think I'll do too much this year as I don't have alot of time between now and "the day". Something small that's just for me I think.
I'm going to think of other ideas as well. Maybe get some ideas online. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment