Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Death in the family

Sorry I haven't posted for a bit...would have been sooner but my grandmother just passed away from lung cancer but she did live a long life. She died at 89 yrs. old. From what I was told I was the only grandchild of hers that would send pics, cards, etc. to her and keep in touch. My aunt told me that my nanny spoke of me often and spoke of a special bond we shared. Thankfully she died peacefully while she slept and all of her children were able to say goodbye to her. She was the last of my grandparents to cross over. So now I won't be able to get anymore letters/cards from her. Makes you appreciate those that are still here with you as you never know how much time you have with them.

1 comment:

  1. Very sorry to hear of your sad news. Sending wishes for healing and positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete